- In Chicago, flavored tobacco products cannot be sold within 500 feet of a school.
- To help tobacco retailers comply with the law, the Chicago Department of Public Health and the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protections maintain a non-exclusive database of flavored tobacco products that are restricted near schools. The flavored tobacco product database is available here.
- If you are uncertain whether a product being sold is restricted, search the database by typing in the product information above. If you cannot find a particular product on this list or if you have any questions, contact: email@example.com.
Did you know...?
- Kids (ages 12-17) use menthol-flavored cigarettes more than any other age group.
- Tobacco products that have menthol, mint, fruit, candy, spices, and other characterizing flavors are proven starter products for kids.